Re: [xsl] Bug in Schema for XSLT 2.0?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Bug in Schema for XSLT 2.0?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 05:48:14 +1100
> Sadly, many other tools do not cover the whole schema specification,
> which make
> them more or less useless in combination whith an advanced schema as defined
> for XSLT 2.

I already expressed the same thoughts to Mike in a private communication.

I understand the need to have a state-of-the-art xml schema for XSLT
2.0, however at the same time the practical needs of today's tools
require less subtle schemas to be developed so that they can be
usable.

So why not have two schemas from the XSLT 2.0 WG: the current one with
all bells and whistles and a much simpler one that will be easily and
immediately dropable in most of today's not so clever schema-oriented
text editors?

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.