RE: [xsl] Bug in Schema for XSLT 2.0?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Bug in Schema for XSLT 2.0?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:43:22 -0000
> I feel, if XSLT 2.0 spec provides an accurate XML
> schema for the language, it is a very useful thing. It
> can server as a grammer checker for the XSLT
> language(for e.g to XSLT processor writers). It would
> also be very useful for providing intellisense support
> in XSLT editors. I have named 2 uses.. There may be
> more..

It's also a good quality check for schema processors...

Seriously, the main role is to provide a more formal definition of some of
the rules in the body of the specification. Although it's non-normative,
experience shows that this can often be useful for resolving ambiguities and
uncertainties. Saying things twice in two different ways often makes things
clearer, and if there's a contradiction, we've made it clear which statement
takes priority.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/