Re: [xsl] how to get variable value outside scope

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to get variable value outside scope
From: Brian Chrisman <incubus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:27:20 -0800
On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 10:08:53PM -0800, Mukul Gandhi wrote:
> I had written a small writeup on XSL variables. The
> link to article is
> http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/facts.html .. Hope its
> useful..
>
> Anybody is free to comment..

Clear and concise.. I'll just call it 'required reading'. :-)

I've taught XSLt to a couple of my classes.. and found
variables to be the most challenging concept.  Generally I
tried to avoid the topic as much as possible, but inevitably
an enterprising student would find it in docs somewhere...
and become very confused...
I actually found that getting them to understand the concept
was fairly easy... but convincing them it wasn't pointless
was more difficult.. :-)

-Brian