Re: [xsl] Anybody know when "transform" became the term for the type ofthing XSLT does?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Anybody know when "transform" became the term for the type ofthing XSLT does?
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:34:18 -0500
Thanks for making me smile, David. After my idiot neighbor tried to kill
me with her huge SUV this morning, I needed it. The bigger the car, the
less capable the driver, it seems.

Anyway, I use xsl:stylesheet, but I certainly don't like it. Lots of
people see the "Stylesheet" part of "Extensible Stylesheet Language" and
assume it's some version of CSS or at least in that "lightweight" league.
Then I end up defending a powerful language because it's misnamed.
Extensible Transformation Language would have been much nicer.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
06/17/2005 06:49 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] Anybody know when "transform" became the term for the type
ofthing XSLT does?

  A question: when referring to an XSLT file, is there any other term to
  use than 'stylesheet' that's more accurate?

"work of art" ?

David

http://www.star.net.uk