Re: [xsl] Opinions, please. Keep entire archive or toss old?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Opinions, please. Keep entire archive or toss old?
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:29:22 -0400
I am curious who would like to sweep away the historical record. Seems kinda funny. Are they in a position to affect other things? It might be good to know.

best,
-Rob

JBryant@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I would advocate keeping the old entries.

To the extent that people search the archives, those older messages are still relevant and still helping people learn. I know I've found answers to questions in old (pre-2000) messages.

As for being embarrassed by stupid questions, I certainly feel that way from time to time, but that's part of life. Learning is a process, and part of that process is asking stupid questions so that we can then learn to ask better questions (and today's better question may become tomorrow's stupid question, as one's mastery grows). Personally, I value the courage to ask more than I value being right.

FWIW

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services