RE: [xsl] including content files for output?

Subject: RE: [xsl] including content files for output?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:28:51 -0000
> hmmm ... what if I want to include a file of plain text,
> inserting that into
> some node? The example that comes to mind is disclaimer text.

XSLT 2.0 has a function unparsed-text() to handle that use case.

In 1.0, you can often write a URIResolver or similar which reads the plain
text and puts it in a simple XML wrapper. Alternatively, you can write a
skeletal XML document which reads in the plain text as the expansion of an
XML entity reference, and your document() call can then reference the
skeletal XML document.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/