RE: Re: [xsl] Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer

Subject: RE: Re: [xsl] Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:47:55 -0500
> That is very strange, why would you and me get different results ?
    That's hard to say. Are you using Excel 2000 or another release?

> And why would HTMLSerializer with mime type Excel strip out
> page-break-after tags?
   That's an issue with the HTMLSerializer, which, I presume, is a part of Cocoon. If my
   presumtion is correct, then you'll need to post the question on the Cocoon mailing
   list.

> As I mentioned, another option would be to put every table into it's own Excel
> worksheet. I guess, that is to transform <page-break> tag into
> <x:ExcelWorksheet>
   What browser will be able to interpret <x:ExcelWorksheet>? In other words, if you put
   <x:ExcelWorksheet> into your HTML, what do you expect a browser to do with it? It
   isn't a tag in the HTML world.

How about this, could you produce HTML for the browser, and insert a link pointing to a normal, binary Excel file for your users to download? This would sidestep all the strangeness you are dealing with.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email