Re: Re: Re: Re: [xsl] Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: [xsl] Pagebreaks in Excel-HTML transformer
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:30:51 -0500
On 2/12/06, Oleg Konovalov <olegkon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Let me ask you a few things, because my impression is that you are
> talking about 2 different things, and when I am trying to consider it as
one,
> I am getting confused.
>
> c>I was suggesting that you use some other means (other than XSLT) to
> c>produce a binary native Excel file that you output to disk and insert a
link
> c>into the HTML output that would download the binary file when clicked.
> Does that mean a completely different approach outside not only XSLT
> but Cocoon as well ?

Uh, no, like I've mentioned before what research I had done indicated
to me that SAX could be used at stages of the pipeline.  That + excel
apis could be used at the last stage to create a file.

 do with Cocoon.

> He didn't reply to any of my questions regarding pagebreaks in Excel or
> how to integrate that POI with my Cocoon pipeline.
> But he seems to suggest to forget about POI and switch to JXReport.
> Have you heard about it ?  Is this a better alternative to POI.

No, I haven't heard of any of this.  My suggest came entirely from
Google suggest.  To tell the blunt honest truth, I would have done
more research on my own and would probably have already experimented
with implementing POI or my home-brew solution.   I wouldn't consider
switching codebases on one article.

> Please advise me what to do.
>
> I am attaching my current pipeline.

*sigh*  I've given you what hints I can provide.  You're going to have
to do some research.   I'm not following this thread anymore.  I've
repeated myself far more than I like.  Cocoon looked like it had too
high of a learning curve for my transformation needs.  If you decided
to use it for your projects I'd advise learning how to use it better.

Jon Gorman