Re: [xsl] Why doesn test work in one case, but not another??? - How I solved it!!!

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why doesn test work in one case, but not another??? - How I solved it!!!
From: Shirley Gasch <sgasch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 11:25:03 -0400
Hi once again Jon,

I wanted to write to you and tell you that I went back fo the Custom Web Publishing Guide from FMP to look at this again. It is in here that it shows you the error messages that result during the conversion process from CDML (it doesn't always tell you how to fix it - like with value lists - that one led me on a merry chase!!!). When I looked at this, I found how it says an If and Else were converted. However, in truth, the Converter did no such thing!!!

Amazingly, when I did it the correct way, it worked!!! I cannot explain why it worked in the one case, but will change that to the correct way as well.

This is what it should have said:

<xsl:when test="fmrs:field[@name = 'System']/fmrs:data[1] = 'A'">

Thank you for you help and patience - thanks to your suggestion, I went back to look at where the answer was all along (I had stopped looking at that part of the book after the Value List conversion just gave an error message, but no real help).

Shirley

Shirley,. have you checked out the filemaker documentation on the xml?
A quick google search for filemaker pro xml format brought that high
up in the list. http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/xml_overview.pdf seems to have
documentation on the internal formats of the xml that is produced.

Jon Gorman

-- Shirley Gasch Phone: (301) 794-2164 Computer Sciences Corporation Fax: (301) 794-8355 7700 Hubble Drive, Rm N384 Lanham/Seabrook, Md. 20706 email: sgasch@xxxxxxx