Re: [xsl] Removing duplicates after list is sorted

Subject: Re: [xsl] Removing duplicates after list is sorted
From: Nicole Flaten <nlflaten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:11:53 -0700
Wendell,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately I'm using an application from an
outside vendor that determines what version of XSL is used, and XSL 2.0 is
not available, but the vendor did say that EXSLT is available.

The problem with the solution you gave me is that I need to de-duplicate
based on the max CREATIONTIME value for each record for each base
attribute.  I don't know what  [deduplication logic] to use.  If I there
was deduplication logic that could accomplish this for me I wouldn't need
the sorting at all.

Do you have any advice on what de-duplication logic I could use to pick
out only the second base="ELS" record in the list and ignore the first and
third ELS record.  I want the second  because it has the highest
CREATIONTIME value of all the ELS bases.  Similarly, I would like to pick
out just the second base="LAN" record.  So my final html output would
include just those 2 records.

<?xml-stylesheet href="SparesCalc.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<docs>
<Document CREATIONTIME="200605040811">
<Report ID="759b" base="ELS">
        <Authorized ASC="2"/>
</Report>
</Document>
<Document CREATIONTIME="20060404115819">
<Report ID="759a" base="LAN">
        <Authorized ASC="0"/>
</Report>
</Document>
<Document  CREATIONTIME="200605041506">
<Report ID="759c" base="LAN">
        <Authorized ASC="0"/>
</Report>
</Document>
<Document CREATIONTIME="200605051507">
<Report ID="759d" base="ELS">
        <Authorized ASC="2"/>
</Report>
</Document>
<Document CREATIONTIME="20060503111352">
<Report ID="759e" base="ELS">
        <Authorized ASC="4"/>
</Report>
</Document>