Re: [xsl] Getting an error with a variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting an error with a variable
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:25:09 +0530
You must declare the variable as following:

<xsl:variable name="sNum">
 <xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="0=$paramVal4">
      <xsl:for-each select="/stages/competition/itinerary/stage[1]">
         <xsl:value-of select="@no"/>
      </xsl:for-each>
   </xsl:when>
   <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:value-of select="$paramVal2"/>
   </xsl:otherwise>
 </xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

Regards,
Mukul

http://gandhimukul.tripod.com

On 7/28/06, Garry Searle <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all

I have some code which is causing me grief, and my experience isnt enough to
figure it out. I have the code below. The last line creates an error:

msxml3.dll error '80004005'
A reference to variable or parameter 'sNum' cannot be resolved. The variable
or parameter may not be defined, or it may not be in scope.

If I remove the line it works fine. Would someone like to suggest how I can
use the variable.

Thanks
Garry

<xsl:choose>
 <xsl:when test="0=$paramVal4">
      <xsl:for-each select="/stages/competition/itinerary/stage[1]">
             <xsl:variable name="sNum">
               <xsl:value-of select="@no"/>
             </xsl:variable>
      </xsl:for-each>
 </xsl:when>

 <xsl:otherwise>
       <xsl:variable name="sNum">
           <xsl:value-of select="$paramVal2"/>
       </xsl:variable>
 </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

<h2><xsl:value-of select="$sNum" /></h2> <--- causes error