Re: [xsl] XPath parsing in XSLT (version 2.0)

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath parsing in XSLT (version 2.0)
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:22:01 +0100
Thanks for your reply.. Have few more questions (please see below)..

On 11/21/06, Colin Adams <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>

>Ofcourse, I think some form of parsing can be done in functional
>languages. But can an *XPath 2.0* parser be written in XSLT 2.0?

Yes. Any parser can be written in XSLT 2.0.

>I think the parser has to produce a parse tree. Can this be done with XSLT
>2.0?

Yes. XSLT is designed for producing trees (read XML).

But isn't the trees produced by XSLT are regarding the XPath data model? Parse trees produced by language parsers are different than XPath data model trees.. Isn't it so?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi