Re: [xsl] XPath parsing in XSLT (version 2.0)

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath parsing in XSLT (version 2.0)
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:28:38 +0100
Ofcourse, I think some form of parsing can be done in functional
languages. But can an *XPath 2.0* parser be written in XSLT 2.0?

I think the parser has to produce a parse tree. Can this be done with
XSLT 2.0? Producing a parse tree from grammar input requires lot of
state management, which could be difficult with XSLT 2.0..

On 11/21/06, Colin Adams <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>

>Why do you want to do this with XSLT 2.0? I think we need an
>imperative language to implement XPath parser.

Functional languages can parse just as well as imperative languages.

-- Regards, Mukul Gandhi