Re: [xsl] XPath parsing in XSLT (version 2.0)

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath parsing in XSLT (version 2.0)
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:16:15 -0800
On 11/21/06, Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for your reply.. Have few more questions (please see below)..

On 11/21/06, Colin Adams <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
>

> >Ofcourse, I think some form of parsing can be done in functional
> >languages. But can an *XPath 2.0* parser be written in XSLT 2.0?
>
> Yes. Any parser can be written in XSLT 2.0.
>
> >I think the parser has to produce a parse tree. Can this be done with XSLT
> >2.0?
>
> Yes. XSLT is designed for producing trees (read XML).

But isn't the trees produced by XSLT are regarding the XPath data
model? Parse trees produced by language parsers are different than
XPath data model trees.. Isn't it so?

*Any* tree can be coded as xml. So, I don't understand your question.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev