Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 and .NET and VB

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 and .NET and VB
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 05:37:59 -0600
On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 05:27:13 -0600, Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, I mean that once the XML parser gives documents to the
XSLT processor, the XSLT processor strip some whitespeace
nodes.  For both XML input documents and stylesheets.  The
rules (for XSLT 1.0 as we are speaking about web browser)
are there:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#strip

Aha! Thanks for the clarification and link! This now makes complete sense.

 Actually, this is still a problem if you use @xml:space in
your stylesheet to preserve some whitespace nodes in literal
result elements, instead of using xsl:text.  Hence your
advice: always use xsl:text for significant characters

I knew there was a reason I was doing that! (a habit I acquired from watching Dimitre) ;-)

Or should I go and demand Starbucks opens their doors an
hour early this morning to avoid any future
embarassment
 Buy directly something better  :
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_Express

Ohhh... Nice! I think it's time I pick one of these babies up :D Thanks for the tip! :D

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 | http://dev.aol.com/blog/3155