Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 and .NET and VB

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 and .NET and VB
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 14:06:11 +0200 (CEST)
"M. David Peterson" wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 05:27:13 -0600, Florent Georges wrote:

> >  Actually, this is still a problem if you use @xml:space in
> > your stylesheet to preserve some whitespace nodes in literal
> > result elements, instead of using xsl:text.  Hence your
> > advice: always use xsl:text for significant characters

> I knew there was a reason I was doing that!

  The other point to use xsl:text is to not have non intended
whitespace in the output when you "indent" the stylesheet and have a
"well-indented" stylesheet where a string is surrounded by spaces and
newlines.  The human eye is used to strip white spaces in XML, so you
not always see them:

    <xsl:attribute name="href">
      http://www.fgeorges.org/
    </xsl:attribute>