Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 and .NET and VB

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 and .NET and VB
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 13:27:13 +0200 (CEST)
"M. David Peterson" wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 04:50:33 -0600, Florent Georges wrote:

> > Anyway the XSLT processor will strip them from the
> > stylesheet, so that doesn't matter if the processor see
> > them or not.

> It's still an issue with XML parser stripping them from
> the stylesheet as well, correct? (I assume by "XSLT
> processor" you were refering to the XML parser stripping
> the whitespace?

  No, I mean that once the XML parser gives documents to the
XSLT processor, the XSLT processor strip some whitespeace
nodes.  For both XML input documents and stylesheets.  The
rules (for XSLT 1.0 as we are speaking about web browser)
are there:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#strip

  Actually, this is still a problem if you use @xml:space in
your stylesheet to preserve some whitespace nodes in literal
result elements, instead of using xsl:text.  Hence your
advice: always use xsl:text for significant characters :-)

> Or should I go and demand Starbucks opens their doors an
> hour early this morning to avoid any future
> embarassment ;-)

  Buy directly something better ;-) :

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_Express

  Regards,