[xsl] Future of XSL Stylesheet Writing?

Subject: [xsl] Future of XSL Stylesheet Writing?
From: "Dunk, Michael (Mike)" <mikedunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 03:36:39 -0500
Although, I'm very inexperienced at writing XSL stylesheets, I come from
a background of using a code generators and my experience tells me that
code generators produce 90% of the code automatically and with 10% of
code needing tweaking.

Code-generators need to be able to include the hand crafted solution in
the generated code, so that once a manual fix has been added to a
module, it does not need to re-applied each time that module is
re-generated.

I would expect that those people who have a good understanding of
writing hand crafted code will be the best at using a code generator as
they truly understand the generated code. My prediction is that if XSLT
code generators become widely accepted then XSL skills will be needed to
use them effectively.

Best regards,

Mike