Re: [xsl] include error

Subject: Re: [xsl] include error
From: Torsten Schassan <schassan@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:06:52 +0100
Dear Michael,

thank for the fast answer, but...
> It seems you should be using xsl:import rather than xsl:include.
>
> If you use xsl:include then the declarations in both modules have the same
> precedence and any conflicts can cause an error. With xsl:import, the
> importing module overrides the imported module.

...this is exactely what I don't need: The imported templates have to
override the importing as they are more specialized as the ones. Shall I
just turn arround the mechanism and import the general stylesheet into
the more specialized?

Besides this, for curiosity:
You state that "[i]t may well cause errors due to the presence of
duplicate declarations; in fact, if the stylesheets contains definitions
of global variables or named templates, and is included more than once
at the same precedence, such errors are almost inevitable." (XSLT 2.0,
3rd ed., p. 330)

- What does "may" mean? It is only possible, depending on the software
to throw an error or not?
- You mention only variables and named templates: What about the
matching templates?

Best, Torsten

--
Torsten Schassan
Herzog August Bibliothek, Postfach 1364, D-38299 Wolfenbuettel