[xsl] include error

Subject: [xsl] include error
From: Torsten Schassan <schassan@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:05:26 +0100
Hi,

I encounter a problem which hasn't been a problem before and I wonder why:

I have a main xsl where, at the end, I include another xsl in order to
customize some of the templates. Both stylesheets contain templates
which match the same element and I (seem to) remember that Saxon
reported the ambigouos match before but still applied the included
template while now it records an error and doesn't process the
respective element at all. Even worse for named templates, Saxon stops
with an error and refuses to apply the stylesheet in general. Is this
behaviour correct? What do I have to change in order to keep the system
of main-xsl-with-general-rules and
secondary-xsl-with-customizations-for-special-cases? I can't use modes
because I have (a small set of) special rules for too many cases and I
can't foresee how the templates have to process the contents.

Best, Torsten

PS: I leave out the examples because I simply have matching templates:
<xsl:template match="tei:msIdentifier">...<xsl:template>

--
Torsten Schassan
Herzog August Bibliothek, Postfach 1364, D-38299 Wolfenbuettel