Re: [xsl] stylesheet expansion

Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet expansion
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:23:05 +0000
On 10/12/2007, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Considering Colin's remarks, about xsl:next-match etc, it is an exercise
> which may be next to impossible (at least far from trivial), but I maybe
> wrong...

I would say it is impossible...

<xsl:template match="foo" priority="99999">

will be ignored in favour of:

<xsl:template match="*">

because of import precedence...

I can't see how you can combine those two in the same stylesheet and
ensure the * matching template gets chosen over the foo matching
template, without rewriting the match patterns.

As Colin has said, compiled stylesheets seem to be the only way, but
may be not what the OP was after.  Ideally importable compiled
"stylesheet modules" will be invented soon....   :)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com