[xsl] Parsing complex line (mixed text and markup)

Subject: [xsl] Parsing complex line (mixed text and markup)
From: "Ilya Lifshits" <chehlo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:38:15 +0200
Hello experts,

I'm using  xslt 2.0 processor  both saxon and and altova.

I'm trying to parse complex line like:
<tbentry>Some text, Some more text <xref linkend="somelink">  even
more text , , ,</tbentrys>

and get following output :

<row>
        <entry>Some text</entry>
        <entry>Some more text <xref linkend="ut_man_related_docs"> and
even more text </entry>
</row>

Number of entries is not constant.

I have easily find the solution of this without mixing the text and
markup by using tokenize function.
But failed to separate text and markup using this approach.
Example can be found here : http://pastebin.com/m40fd204f

To formalize the goal: I want to simplify life of our tech writes  by
creating wrappers on  top of DocBook that will help transform from my
defined syntax to standard Docbook code.
So if there is another more appropriate way (which is not WYSIWYG
editor) to achieve this, i can completely change the source line:
 <tblrow>Some text, Some more text <xref linkend="somelink">  even
more text </tblrow>
as soon as  it's still easy to write :)
The only solution i found is pass linkend entry as an attribute to
tblrow and another attribute which will specify  the entry  number.
But this is very limited solution and will not allow me to use  xref
in  2 entries for example.
Additional note, I'm absolutely newby in XML.

Thanks in advance,
 Ilya.