Re: [xsl] passing a sequence as a parameter

Subject: Re: [xsl] passing a sequence as a parameter
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:33:55 +0100
Mukul Gandhi wrote:

I think, it's logical not to have type specification (with, as
attribute) on xsl:param instruction. We pass parameters to the
stylesheet from outside, and making the input environment XSLT/XPath
type aware doesn't appear logical to me.

As currently happening, whatever that is passed to the stylesheet to
xsl:param variables, can be casted in the stylesheet to an appropriate
type. I think, this is the correct design ...

I don't understand what you are saying. If you want to cast the supplied value of the parameter to an appropriate type then using the as attribute
<xsl:param name="param-name" as="sequenceType"/>
is the way to do that, see <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#parameters> which says

"The xsl:param element has an optional as attribute, which specifies the required type of the parameter. The value of the as attribute is a SequenceType XP, as defined in [XPath 2.0].

If the as attribute is specified, then the supplied value of the parameter is converted to the required type, using the function conversion rules."

So using the as attribute does what you want to do, it casts the supplied value to the specified type.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/