Re: [xsl] passing a sequence as a parameter

Subject: Re: [xsl] passing a sequence as a parameter
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:17:22 GMT
> and making the input environment XSLT/XPath
> type aware doesn't appear logical to me.

It's actually very common that you want to pass (for example) a document
node rather than a string, and I think it's reasonable to declare this
using as= on the xsl:param declaration.

I also think that saxon's options of only allowing document nodes or
untyped values (that is, essentially strings) is reasonable for a
command line system, but in programming API it wouuld be quite
reasonable to pass in element nodes or other structured values, such as
sequences of atomic values as parameters.

Actually I didn't understand Colin's statement that you couldn't use as=
in this context, Colin, did you mean that was a restriction in the
language or just of gesalt?

David