Re: [xsl] xsl:copy- of and namespaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:copy- of and namespaces
From: Garvin Riensche <g.riensche@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:10:45 +0200
Thanks a lot for your fast answers! Unfortunately I have still a problem with namespaces....

Now that I have a result document with elements from different namespaces: xmlns:srcml="http:/srcml.de" and "http://your.new.ns";, how do I choose elements by their namespace? (Sorry, if thats a dumb question but I cound't find an answer in my literature yet).
So, how do I match all elements from the new namespace, and how do I match only the elements from the srcml namespace?

If you know a good tutorial about namespaces which covers my problem, please send me a link.

regards,
Garvin

Can someone please tell me how I can give elements of a subtree that are copied to the output with <xsl:copy-of select="."> a new namespace?

you can't, changing the namespace is changing the name so you can't copy replace <xsl:copy-of select="."> by <xsl:spply-templates mode="newns" select="."/>

together with a mode that changes namespace of every element in the
subtree:

<xsl:template match="*"> <xsl:element name="{local-name()}" namespace="http://your.new.ns";> <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/> <xsl:spply-templates mode="newns"/> </xsl:element> </xsl:template>

David