Re: [xsl] Copy results

Subject: Re: [xsl] Copy results
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:47:33 +0200
Am 08.07.2008 um 01:29 schrieb Steven Ericsson-Zenith:

Dear list,

What is the optimal way to copy a results document? So, what one
would like perhaps is:

<xsl:result-document
               href="file1.xhtml,file2.xhtml">

</xsl:result-document>

Is the optimal way to do this to assign the page output to a
variable and then dump it in two consecutive result-documents?

I would not use a variable, but a named template which is called twice. In many situations the XSLT performance is so good, you would not notice any delay.

I would say the general way is to avoid redundancies like this. And I
guess this request has nothing to do with the XML content, but rather
some obscure requirements down the line. So, do not burden your XSLT
with such issues. Just use a command line command to duplicate the
file when needed.

- Michael

Michael M|ller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lvsungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
<http://cap-studio.de/> -- Tel. +49 (9131) 28747