Re: [xsl] strange error in external dtd

Subject: Re: [xsl] strange error in external dtd
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:19:07 GMT
> Any guesses on what might be causing the error on my Win 2000 server
> computer and not the other?

yes, the HTML WG used some features of SGML DTD that strain edge cases
of namespace/processing-instruction usage.

In later versions of the xhtml+mathml dtd I removed all these bits of
the xhtml dtd (which are never used anyway). The URL you cited is a very
old version of the dtd and unfortunately as it is in
http://www.w3.org/TR
it can not be changed, as W3C don't allow in-place edits in
http://www.w3.org/TR, only changes by separate errata document.

The MathML2 DTD has for a long time been at

http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/xhtml-math11-f.dtd

David