[xsl] How can one get the name of a template or function?

Subject: [xsl] How can one get the name of a template or function?
From: "Houghton,Andrew" <houghtoa@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:20:33 -0500
I'm using Saxon as an XSL transform processor.  So I don't mind whether the
answer is specific to Saxon or is general to all XSL transform processors.
What I would like to do is to get the name of the current template or function
that is currently executing.  I realize that templates don't need to be named,
but in my case they will be named since I'm using xsl:call-template on them.
So for example I would like to do something like:

<xsl:template name="foo" as="item()*">
  <xsl:variable name="my-name" as="xsd:string" select="get-name()" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:function name="bar" as="item()*">
  <xsl:variable name="my-name" as="xsd:string" select="get-name()" />
</xsl:function>

Where get-name() is some sort of function that will give me the name of the
template or function.  I don't really care if its a function or a template
that I have to call to get this information.  When looking over the list of
XPath function I don't see anything useful and I didn't see anything in
Saxon's extensions.  So my question is can this be done somehow?

BTW, I realize that I could do:

<xsl:template name="foo" as="item()*">
  <xsl:variable name="my-name" as="xsd:string" select="string('foo')" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:function name="bar" as="item()*">
  <xsl:variable name="my-name" as="xsd:string" select="string('bar')" />
</xsl:function>

but I would prefer not to do that since when the name attribute changes, I
need to keep the variable in sync too.

Thanks, Andy.