Re: [xsl] Re: Determining whether no single instance of a specific node exists

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Determining whether no single instance of a specific node exists
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:19:40 +0200
John Snelson schrieb:
Michael Ludwig wrote:
Is a "dynamic error" just another word for "runtime error"?

Mostly - but if the implementation can prove that a dynamic error is always raised during evaluation, it is free to raise it at compile time.

Is a "static error" then the same as a "compile-time error"?

A static error is certainly raised during compilation - but it's not the only type of error that can be.

There's also type errors, which can be raised at compile-time or
runtime regardless of whether you can prove they will always be raised
during execution.

Thanks, this makes it clear enough for me.

Also, I should have known where to look up these definitions.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#errors

Michael Ludwig