Re: [xsl] Where are the proceedings to the Extreme Markup conferences?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Where are the proceedings to the Extreme Markup conferences?
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:23:37 -0400
Dimitre,

At 05:00 PM 8/6/2009, you wrote:
Therefore, if I am correct, wouldn't it be straightforward to produce
the contents of a site containing all materials from the Extreme
Markup conferences?

Then it would be very likely that someone could offer to host this site.

As you know, whether to do something is feasible technically, and whether it's a good idea, are two very different questions. As I understand it, the main impediments to your suggestion are legal not technical. The only entity I know of with rights to (re)publish Extreme papers is IDEAlliance.

As an author, I certainly would have balked if I could not retain the rights to my own work, so AFAIK I have the same rights as you do to republish my own papers. I don't, however, have the rights to republish yours.

In any case, I'm afraid this is off topic for the list....

Cheers,
Wendell