RE: [xsl] Fwd: Is this a Saxon Bug ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Fwd: Is this a Saxon Bug ?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 22:58:42 +0100
Firstly, if you suspect a bug in a particular product, then this is not the
right place to report it. For Saxon, you should use the saxon-help mailing
list or forum on the SourceForge site. Using the right process enables the
vendor to track progress in responding to the bug, and it also ensures that
there is a proper archive that people can turn to for problems and
solutions. It also avoids wasting the time of the many members of this list
who use a different product.

Secondly, if you think there is something wrong then it is helpful to say
what it is. Not being able to read Braille, the only way I have found of
seeing what is in your files is to display them in hex, and it's very hard
to find a problem in the output when I don't know what I am looking for.

The fact that you are using XML 1.1 (and characters like #xC; that require
XML 1.1) may well have something to do with it. This would hint at a problem
with the XML parser, so it would be useful to say which XML parser you are
using, and also to indicate whether the problem disappears if you confine
yourself to XML 1.0. For any problem that is even potentially
parser-related, one of my first suggestions is always to make sure that you
are using the version of Xerces distributed by Apache, and not the version
that comes embedded in the Sun JDK, especially not the JDK 1.6 version,
which is notoriously buggy.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/