RE: [xsl] reading a text file and putting out an xml file using xslt 2.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] reading a text file and putting out an xml file using xslt 2.0
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:32:40 -0000
> Can someone please let me know if I am doing something wrong here?

This isn't an XSLT problem, it's an XML problem. Saxon is telling you quite
clearly that the error comes from the XML parser.

> > SXXP0003: Error reported by XML parser: Content is not allowed in
prolog.
> > While processing bk1-im1.tif: Run-time errors were reported

It looks as if the XML parser is trying to parse the content of bk1-im1.tif
as XML and failing. Perhaps that's because you have an entity reference
&im1; somewhere in your source - that's not allowed with unparsed entities.
However, I can only speculate.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/