Re: [xsl] Widows and orphans in XSL-FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Widows and orphans in XSL-FO
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:38:59 +0000
On Fri, Oct 30 2009 18:19:34 +0000, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am compiling a journal index. The output is generated via XSLT and
> XSL-FO. I have been looking for a way to deal with widows and orphans
> in XSL-FO, but all of the information I have found seems to be focused
> on breaks *within* an <fo:block>rather than *between*
> different<fo:block>s. My problem is that I only want to end a page if
> the processor has started rendering (or has completed rendering), a
> specific <fo:block>, one containing the content from an <Article>
> element.  Is there a mechanism for forcing a page to end with, or
> within, a specific <fo:block>type?

Have you looked at break-after [1], specifically, break-after="page"?

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#break-after