Re: [xsl] Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?
From: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:20:18 +0100
Dear all,

[Michael, sorry that you got the mail several times, I had some trouble
posting to the list]

  recently I made a very subjective review of all XSLT 2.0 processors that I
could get to run on Linux.  The objective was running my XMLbRDF extraction
library Krextor (http://kwarc.info/krextor/), which makes heavy use of XSLT
2.0 features; one might even call it a "stress test".  I also tried running a
set of much simpler XSLTs called JOMDoc (http://jomdoc.omdoc.org), which
convert OMDoc, a complex DocBook-like markup language for math, to XHTML.

The evaluation was biased because before I had only tested the implementation
with Saxon.  In possible cases where Saxon does not conform to the spec, my
implementation might be "wrong", but works with Saxon.  And, of course, the
"evaluation" is quite incomplete, as I got disappointed quickly.

Quoting from an older mail to my co-developers:
> I Oracle, but it didn't work and didn't report any reasonable errors.  I
> even forgot the details.  I tried to run Altova XML (using Wine on Linux,
as
> it is a Windows program), but with Krextor it reported strange errors about
> function types and duplicate parameters, and it did not accept the JOMDoc
> XSLTs at all.  Intel SOA Expressway XSLT sometimes said that it could not
> parse the XSLT file, and at other occurrences crashed.  My last candidate
> was the IBM WebSphere Application Server Feature Pack for XML.  This is
> actually a plugin for the WebSphere development environment and application
> server, but I also figured out how to run it from the command line.  Again,
> it threw a very strange exception.

Cheers,

Christoph

--