Re: [xsl] Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Definite list of XSLT 2.0 processors?
From: Justin Johansson <procode@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:45:04 +1030
Hi Vyacheslav,

I think you accidentally replied on someone else's micro-thread and not mine which was:

Vyacheslav Sedov wrote:
LAMP should go away and leave place to XRX

An unexpected but nevertheless an interesting answer.
FWIW, From the first sentence of the Wikipedia writeup on XRX:
"In software development XRX is a web application architecture based on XForms, REST and XQuery."
Not a mention of XSLT there so to challenge your response ...
Would it be reasonable to rephrase my question as:
"Given the neglect (i.e. XSLT 2 for XRX), does the XRX community really want one?"
(Notwithstanding, and with no disrespect to, Saxon of course).
Regards Justin Johansson

XSLT not present as single entity in LAMP too ;)

Accepted. You have good counter-point that XSLT is not part of the either acronyms XRX or LAMP.

Still the overall context of this thread was about XSLT 2 processors for different platforms
and Michael Kay mentioned LAMP as an platform lacking the same for whatever (mostly commercial) reasons.

So even if things were as you would like them to be, namely LAMP go away and XRX take its place,
question still remains as to where to source your XSLT 2 processor from for your XRX environment.

Regards

Justin Johansson

Vyacheslav Sedov wrote:
XSLT not present as single entity in LAMP too ;) XSLT is best tool to
convert XML data that you got from any database as XML and turn it
into XHTML, ODF, OOXML or any other XML (in most cases), so it just
similar case when you "call XSLT" from PHP, Perl and so on but best
"host language" for XSLT is XQuery

for example

let $param := (),
    $validation2schm := transform:transform(v:all-rules($department,
$period), doc("/db/service/form/validation2schematron.xsl"), $param),
    $schm2xsl := transform:transform($validation2schm,
doc("/db/service/schematron/iso_svrl_for_xslt2.xsl"), $param),
    $report := transform:transform($table, $schm2xsl, $param),...

just 3 lines of code for 3 xsl transformations ;)