[xsl] XSLT vs javascript performance

Subject: [xsl] XSLT vs javascript performance
From: Rob Belics <rob_belics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 15:38:18 -0600
I'm wondering if anyone has any information on performance of xslt
transformation speed in the browser vs letting javascript work on the
DOM from data fetched from the web. For example, if the browser already
has the xslt file or javascript code and some xml data is fetched from a
remote server over the internet due to the user clicking on a link.
Which could finish processing that data faster?

After some Googling, I've only found one article that claims xslt would
be "many times faster" but without any reason for saying that. Browsers,
recently, have sped up performance of their javascript engines quite a
bit. Particularly Firefox, Webkit and, now, Opera.