Re: [xsl] HTTP-Header charset different to charset encoding statement in XML-Declaration

Subject: Re: [xsl] HTTP-Header charset different to charset encoding statement in XML-Declaration
From: Jacobus Reyneke <jacobusreyneke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:41:05 +0200
Hi,

I'm a little rusty on this, but if I remember correctly most browsers
will first try to identify the content using the HTTP header and use
the HTTP body or even the file extension as second options. Some
browsers gave preference to file extension before body.

One way to find out what standard browser behavior 'should' be, is to
test against Internet Explorer and then do exactly the opposite ;-)

Cheers,
Jacobus

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Bartolomeo Nicolotti
<bnicolotti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> only a quick question. I've to handle xml in the body of an HTTP response.
> The problem is that  http header can specify an encoding different from the
processing instruction, like here:

--
Good ideas will be done