Re: [xsl] Re: UTF characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: UTF characters
From: Bill Michell <bill.michell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:44:15 +0100
Well, you've already written the code. All characters in XML are unicode
characters.

I guess you might be asking about characters that are in the Unicode character
set, but not in some other more restricted character set - perhaps US-ASCII.

One way would be to use translate to list all the characters you wish to
ignore, and replacing them with the empty string. Then if the translated
string was not empty, you'd know you had a character not in the original
set...

On 31 Mar 2010, at 13:37, Siddhi Thakkar wrote:

> Hi again,
> Here is an example of the query asked earlier, suppose I have two
paragraphs:

> PARA1: <p>INTRODUCTION- This is plain text</p>
> PARA2: <p>INTRODUCTION- This is text with UTF character b& </p>
>
> AND if write something like:
> <xsl:template match="p">
>   <xsl:if test="contains(text(),'INTRODUCTION')">
>       <!--do something-->
>   </xsl:if>
> </xsl:template>
> Both the paragraphs will enter this xsl:if loop. Similarly, I would like to
write a function or template which enters the xsl:if loop only if it comes
across a UTF character, and please note that the input can have any UTF from
its generic family.

<siddhi.thakkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

processor to know about the unicode characters in input xml. Could you please
help?