Re: [xsl] Is xsl:for-each "syntactic sugar"?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is xsl:for-each "syntactic sugar"?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 14:31:56 +0100
On 07/05/2010 14:17, Florent Georges wrote:
David Carlisle wrote:

Hi,

Not "many", all uses of for-each can be equivalently handled by
apply-templates.

For nodes, not for atomic items, of course.

ah yes there is that:-) strange how after using xslt 2 for years you can still automatically drop back to giving xslt 1 answers;-)

<xsl:template match="/|node()" mode="unique-id">

I guess you meant match="@*|node()" ;-)

well I meant to add / (as it isn't matched by node() as it's not a child, but of course I should have added @* (and I thought but didn't mention as it would spoil a good argument, that you also need namespace() but that's not allowed in patterns) so "except for atomic values and namespace nodes" needs inserting somewhere in my original waffle.

Regards,

David