Re: [xsl] ASPX generation

Subject: Re: [xsl] ASPX generation
From: "Vladimir Nesterovsky" <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:32:33 -0700
> > What's the recommended way of ASPX page generation?
> I'd recommend avoiding it.
>
> However, if you must generate it :-) your main architectural
> decision is, at what point you move out of XML.
>
> Method (2)
>
> Generate ASPX using XSLT and disable-output-escaping to get < and > into
> the output, e.g. by writing templates with names like
>   aspx-make-declaration
> that puts <% ... %> around its input, and
>   aspx-make-content
> that generates <asp:Content> .... </asp:Content> maybe by calling
>   aspx-make-element
> that in turn takes an "element name" (asp:Content), a list of
> attributes, ID="Simon", etc., and the element content.

What I've lately found is that the "disable-output-escaping" is deprecated
feature according to xslt 2.0, and that the character maps are recomended
substitution. Unfortunately I have no free character to reserve for this
purpose, as it might appear in other contexts.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com/