Re: [xsl] ASPX generation

Subject: Re: [xsl] ASPX generation
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:21:08 +0200
Am 15.06.2010 um 07:32 schrieb Vladimir Nesterovsky:

> What I've lately found is that the "disable-output-escaping" is deprecated
> feature according to xslt 2.0, and that the character maps are recomended
> substitution. Unfortunately I have no free character to reserve for this
> purpose, as it might appear in other contexts.

Vladimir,

That is hard to believe. E.g. you can use any character from the Private Use
Area of Unicode for this. There are 5000+ slots starting with &#xE000;

In a totally unrelated case I had to preserve certain entities through XSL
processing; in a preprocessing step I changed them into PUA characters (using
sed) and used XSLT character maps to get back the entities in the result.

- Michael M|ller-Hillebrand

Michael M|ller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lvsungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog: http://cap-studio.de/ - Tel. +49 (9131) 28747