Re: [xsl] XSLT2.0 Processors

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT2.0 Processors
From: Terence Kearns <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:11:09 +1000
On 22 October 2010 00:25, Neil Owens <neil_owens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ....but I'm lothe to go down a route that, while clever, isn't exactly using available technology in a purposeful way.

This statement really hits the nail on the head for me.

I developed my own XML/XSL framework for PHP just to make my XML/XSLT
apps in PHP more DRY.

However there are no signs at all that the library they use will ever
get to XSLT 2.0 so I have abandon years of experience and knowledge.
I was gonna use PHPs Java Bridge, but it really is an ugly cludge, and
it is not using available technology in a purposeful way.
I refuse to use any other "templating language".

I am now going to the technology where Saxon lives - Java. And the
most powerful/flexible XML Apps framework in Java is Cocoon.

If you used Cocoon's XML "pipelines", you wouldn't even need XSLT2 to
achieve the multiple documents thing, but cocoon makes XSLT2 easy
enough to adopt anyhow.

All my new apps will be with Cocoon.

> Or have I missed the bleeding obvious ;-)

You're probably the one to decide that ;)

--
http://TerenceKearns.com | ABN 58705023254 | ph 0412 235 575

--
http://TerenceKearns.com | ABN 58705023254 | ph 0412 235 575