Re: Was: [xsl] mode and moved to Namespaces

Subject: Re: Was: [xsl] mode and moved to Namespaces
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:06:13 +0100 (BST)
Jirka Kosek wrote:
> ac wrote:

  Hi,

> > all feminine variants can be returned with:
> > /dic/word/@*[starts-with(name(.), 'f-')]

> Such lookups will tend to be quite slow [...]

  Well, besides the efficiency argument, this code relies on the
name of the prefixes in the input, which is simply wrong.  To be
"correct", then it should compare the namespace URIs instead,
maybe using some conventions for the URIs "structure".  But then,
I simply wouldn't see any advantage of this technique comparing
to using some language codes in the value of an attribute, for
instance.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges