Re: [xsl] Variations in XML to CSV

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variations in XML to CSV
From: Bridger Dyson-Smith <bdysonsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:53:10 -0400
Hi Michel,
thanks for the reply!

> Its hard to say when you don't provide an output sample. I guess order
> is important etc.

I'm sorry that I can't provide an output sample - I don't know how to
generate one, but it might look something like this:

title,subject,creator,creator,contributor,contributor,subject,subject,subject,date
Alpha,Sinister,Beta,,,,Gamma,Delta,Epsilon,2011-04-19
Zeta,,Eta,Theta,Dexter,Iota,Kappa,Lambda,,2011-04-19

> Maybe you need to take several steps. Like determine how mayn subject
> elements you have max etc. Then maybe sort your input so all same
> named elements are consecutive. And then generate as many as you have
> for each element padding with empty items when you have run through.
>
> Michel

Thank you for the suggestions - I'll look into regenerating the XML so
it's sorted & has blank elements where necessary.
Bridger