Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors
From: Steve Ball <Steve.Ball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 09:55:23 +1100
Sadly, the posting still applies.

Implementing an XPath 2.0 + XSLT 2.0 processor is a relatively large
engineering project. I always knew that when I started. People who work on
HTML 5+CSS3, etc, are doing much smaller projects and hence make (apparent)
progress a lot more quickly.

Cheers,
Steve Ball

On 09/02/2012, at 11:34 PM, Michael Kay wrote:

>>> Does anyone know if PHP has it?
>> Sadly, not yet (except via the Java bridge). No recent news from the LIBX*
project: http://www.explain.com.au/libx/. Perhaps Steve Ball found something
else to do with his weekends. I think the days of hobbyist implementations of
these technologies are past.
> This posting sort of sums it up:
>
> http://mail.explain.com.au/pipermail/libx/2011-September/000004.html
>
> I don't think you can write an XSLT 2.0 processor and have an unrelated day
job. Most of the coding for Saxon's XSLT 2.0 processor was done when I was
employed by Software AG full time on standards work, and I was spending about
half my time on the standards and half on Saxon, with the full encouragement
of my employer. I think we can forget about this project unless it finds a
sponsor.