RE: [xsl] Does <xsl:copy> use a lot of memory? Is there an alternative that is more efficient?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Does <xsl:copy> use a lot of memory? Is there an alternative that is more efficient?
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 15:34:30 +0000
>> However, the element that I just inlined may have a reference. So I
>> store the results into a variable and then repeat the process on the
>> content of the variable.
>
> Why?
>
> Why copy the whole thing rather than just apply templates and follow
> references as you go?

I agree that is the way to go if there are no recursive references.

But if there are recursive references then that approach causes the program
goes into an infinite loop.  My XML document has lots of complex, indirect
recursive references.

/Roger

On 03/09/2012 17:12, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> However, the element that I just inlined may have a reference. So I
> store the results into a variable and then repeat the process on the
> content of the variable.

Why?

Why copy the whole thing rather than just apply templates and follow
references as you go?

I don't see why you need any local storage or variables at all.
--

David

google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle