Re: [xsl] RE: XSL-FO and Z-index

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: XSL-FO and Z-index
From: "Kevin Brown" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 10:45:35 -0700
> That is exactly how the stylesheet I got from the customer is working
right now, but since there are other tables at page two generating the
same empty lines as a real table, I thought it was too far out to use
the background image trick hack on page one!

Well, I would not consider it a hack as you actually want an image of a
table (and not a table).

I would say to make it "less far out" then use that same hack on the table
on page two. Unless I am assuming too much, it the table on page two is the
same as page one (the second with data, the first without data) then I would
take out all the borders and put that same image into the background of the
table. As long as cells do not expand multiple lines, it would work and be
again higher performing.

Kevin Brown
RenderX