Re: [xsl] Re: Inserting File Attributes Into XSLT Output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Inserting File Attributes Into XSLT Output
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:52:03 -0500
Nathan,

Assuming you still want to do this by querying the file system or a
listing of it from the XSLT, and you'd be happy with a solution
integrated into oXygen, you might consider asking on the oXygen
support list. They are very good at cooking those up.

(Indeed I dare say this is a feature a lot of people could use.)

Similarly, the question of whether and how you can call to Java
directly depends on your processor, so you need to ask about that.
(Strictly speaking, processor-specific questions are off topic here,
but they often get answered anyway.) oXygen, of course, supports
several XSLT processors, so you would need to pick.

Cheers,
Wendell

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:39 AM, Emmanuel BC)guC) <medusis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2012/12/12 Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>:
>> On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 16:19 -0500, Nathan Tallman wrote:
>>> Was trying to find a way to inform the user of the linked
>>> PDF file size, so they can download instead of opening in the browser,
>>> if they so choose.
>>
>> There's an ls2xml script floating around, and David Lee's xmlsh may be
>> able to do it too, in both cases by creating an auxilliary XML file
>> containing the file sizes. Or write a short program to do it, depending
>> on your operating environment (Linux, VMS, Solaris, Microsoft Windows
>> 3.11, etc.)
>
> Here's a small Java application that generates an XML listing of a
> given directory:
> http://code.google.com/p/xml-dir-listing/
>
> It works flawlessly in my experience.
>
> If each filename is unique (if no two files in different directories
> have the same name) you can retrieve the size of each file with a key
> on the 'file' element / 'name' attribute of the generated XML dir.
>
> Regards,
> EB

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables