Re: [xsl] xsl compact syntax using xquery

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl compact syntax using xquery
From: David Rudel <fwqhgads@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 10:35:06 +0200
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,

> Yet at the same time, I think it's more or less evident that for at
> least some newcomers to the language, a short/sweet syntax would allay
> fears and suspicions. But maybe this should explicitly be designed as
> a "training wheels" syntax rather than aimed at power users. In that
> case, it wouldn't have to support the whole language.

This.

At the same time, though, I suspect that for many such users this
training-wheels package would actually easily accomplish for them what
they are trying to do.

--

"A false conclusion, once arrived at and widely accepted is not
dislodged easily, and the less it is understood, the more tenaciously