Re: [xsl] When to use text()

Subject: Re: [xsl] When to use text()
From: Eike Dierks <eike@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 01:55:36 +0200
Hi Michael,

I must read that again.
I did not get it on the first read,

But please feel welcome to come to Berlin.

~eike

Am 21.03.2014 um 17:29  schrieb Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> I wouldn't be blaming the programmers for that.
>>
>> When you step back, it is clear from all the explanations given, that
>> the thing doesn't do what it says on the tin.
>>

> I think what Ihe is arguing for is that you should be able to read a program
without reading its specification and guess correctly what it does.

> This can sometimes work if the language is sufficiently familiar to a
language that you are familiar with. In all other cases, making such an
assumption is dangerous and likely to lead you astray.

> People who are only familiar with one or two languages A and B often wonder
why the language they are learning, X, is needlessly different from A and B.
It doesn't occur to them that the designers of X might be familiar with dozens
of languages, but have never encountered A or B.